Yesterday my 5-9 donations card arrived! Its a bit sad but I was pretty excited! Giving blood sometimes seems a bit odd if I think about it too much but its something I'm kind of proud that I do. I havn't had the any horror stories like some people come out with but it hasnt necessarily been easy. 3 years ago I hated needles. Hated them. If I needed an injection it would be on my mind for days before and someone would definitly need to be with me. But after needing several injections I got a bit better with it and when I was old enough to give blood I wanted to give it a go. My grandpa needed over 20 units after an accident when I was a baby and I'd love to be able to pay them back so some one else can have an extra couple of decades with there grandpa! My first donation I fainted, the second one was extremely painful, the third so slow that they didnt manage to get 'a full donation' and the 4th was refused. So it hasnt been great, but for the last 2 I've gone on my own, I've felt fine, and I've stayed consious! And now I've reached 5 donations and yes, the prize of a new, different coloured card, is exciting! Now to aim for the next one, I'll be at 20 before you know it!
Friday, 27 January 2012
So today I start my blog! It's a good day for it because today I took quite a lovely photo so I can figure out how to attach things...
I think it's worked! This is the fox that spent today curled up at the end of our garden. I love animals, I miss our dog and 3 cats back at home and I have to admit i enjoy watching the squirrels, birds and fox from our kitchen. He didn't seem too fussed by being photographed! It's the first picture I've got of him (I'm calling it a him, I have no idea if I'm honest) because normally I dont have my camera when he's there. It reminded me I should start carrying my camera more. And so this is going to start of my list... or perhaps it's a plan? My awesome friend Vicky is the one that whas inspired me to start this blog and I quite like the idea she is using of '21 things to do before she's 21'. Unfortunately, me being a baby, I'm not yet 20, so mine is going to be 20 before 20- not quite the same but hey ho! I've got 7 months, wish me luck!
- Start carrying my camera with me more often
- Try my best to get over my fear of singing in front of people
- Become more confident in myself
- Keep up (or if im honest restart) my physio so I have control of me
- Add atleast 5 uni friends to my patchwork blanket
- Have a crafty project on the go all the time
- Paint something
- Have an utterly amazing time in morocco with my sister
- Make more of an effort to talk to my brother while I'm at uni
- Say hello to a friend from home at least once a week
- Cook something new every week
- Keep up my new blog! (even when the work load kicks in again at uni)
- Do a first aid course
- Learn 3 new pieces on the piano
- Pass this year of uni!
- Visit my grandparents
- Improve my french
- Go to some form of live music
- Spend a gorgeous day on the beach
- Tell someone I love them every day (if I'm honest this will probly be the same person most days :P )